Timing of Oral Presentations
- 12 to 18 minutes to present. Varies per session. Check link on website for schedule once posted.
- 3 minutes for Q&A
- Keynote speakers vary per session. Please check agenda on website. Plan on 5 minutes Q&A
Up Loading Your Presentation
Speaker Ready Room
All speakers must check in at the Registration Desk and then will be escorted to the Speaker Ready Room preferably the day before your session to preview your presentation. If you are checking in on the day of your session, please come by at least 4 hours prior to the start of your session. Technicians will assist with the upload of your files and provide the opportunity to preview and/or edit the presentation as necessary. If you are unavoidably delayed, you must still go to the Speaker Ready Room. Do not bring a laptop or other media device directly to the main meeting session room.
When reviewing your presentation in the Speaker Ready Room, make sure all fonts, images, and animations appear as expected and that all audio or video clips are working properly. The computers in the meeting rooms are identical in configuration to the computers in the Speaker Ready Room
Apple Mac computers will not be provided in the main meeting session room. Please come to the Speaker Ready Room if your presentation is created in Apple’s “Keynote” presentation software. There will be a Mac computer in Speaker Ready available for presenters to use in Speaker Ready only. Depending on the requirements of your presentation we may allow an exception for use of your laptop in the room for a Keynote presentation. This must be arranged in advance!
During Your Presentation:
Each meeting room will be staffed with a technician who will assist with starting each presentation. Once the presentation is launched, the speaker will control the program from the podium using a computer mouse or the up/down/right/left keys on a keyboard.
Speakers are required to provide identification in order to submit their presentation as well as to access it in the Speaker Ready Room. Recording devices such as cameras are not permitted in the Speaker Ready Room. All presentation files are deleted at the end of the conference, unless permission has been granted to the conference association to retain the presentation files.
Speaker Ready Room and the main meeting room will be equipped with Windows 7 based PCs with Microsoft PowerPoint 2010 installed. Verification of proper performance in the Speaker Ready Room is essential, particularly if video and animation is included in the presentation. Please note that Internet access will not be available during your presentation.
The main meeting room’s PC will be provided with the following configuration:
- Processor: a minimum Core i7
- 4 GB RAM
- 1024 x 768 at 24 bit color depth
- Microsoft Windows 7 Professional
- Microsoft Office 2010 Professional
- Windows Media Player (Version 12)
- QuickTime (Latest Version)
- Flash Player (Latest Version)
- Adobe Acrobat Reader (Latest Version)
All electronic files must be submitted in the Speaker Ready room using one of the formats listed below:
- PowerPoint 2010 or earlier version
- Operating System: Media should be PC Formatted
- Web Browser: Internet Explorer 9, Firefox 5
- Plug-Ins: QuickTime 7, Adobe Acrobat
- Video Playback: Windows Media Player; QuickTime
- PDF Reader: Adobe Acrobat
- Unix Users: Bring HTML Files or Adobe Acrobat
- PowerPoint 2010 or earlier version
For best results, PowerPoint 2007/2008 users should save their presentations in those versions’ native .pptx format, and not in the PowerPoint ’97-2003 format.
Be aware that embedded media clips are not saved as part of your PowerPoint presentation. The actual video or audio files need to be on the computer you will be presenting from. You will need to supply those files along with your PowerPoint file either when you upload or in the Speaker Ready Room.
*If your presentation contains any video or audio, please bring your files to the Speaker Ready Room AT LEAST 24 hours in advance, due to additional processing time that may be required.
Please plan to bring the latest version of your presentation to the meeting on one of the following media types as a safety backup for your talk.
- USB Flash Drive or Hard Drive (any brand that does not require drivers)
- CD ROM (CD-R, CD+R)
- DVD ROM (DVD-R, DVD+R)
- CD+-RW and DVD+-RW (not recommended)
- Memory Card (Memory Stick, MicroDrive, Secure Digital, Multimedia, Smart Media, Compact Flash)
EMB Contact Information:
Scott Woodhouse – firstname.lastname@example.org or call 732-562-2670